Interactive Virtual Learning
Why Study at BSCM
Our e-learning platform provides a seamless way to learn at your own pace, anytime and anywhere.Get Started
Learners are assessed based on assignment with high success rate with increased retention ratio.Get Started
We have a pool of experts and industry leaders that are always willing to share their wealth of experience during the course.Get Started
Information and Technology Level 5
Qualification Number: 603/3614/6
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Diploma or equivalent
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
- Software Engineering (20 credits)
- Database Systems (20 credits)
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design (20 credits)
- Management Information Systems (20 credits)
- Network Information Systems (20 credits)
- IT Project Management (20 credits)